We’ve now been going for nearly five years and we have over 300 members, more than twenty thriving groups and a regular programme of activities, including monthly members meetings, regular group meetings and a Let’s Go group that takes trips most months to places of interest far and wide. Do browse around for information.
What is U3A Todmorden? It’s part of a world-wide and exciting self-help educational movement for older people no longer in full-time work: check out the national organisation here. We in Todmorden offer:
- The opportunity to pursue learning for its own sake.
- Shared learning experiences in a wide range of interest groups.
- Creative leisure and a wide range of social activities.
- New friendships.
If you want to know more:
- come along to the next meeting
- phone 01706 814623
- check the groups page and contact the convenor of one of the groups
- email us at firstname.lastname@example.org saying what subjects you’re interested in learning about. If you’d like to help organise a group, we’d be glad to know that.
We have regular monthly meetings at the Central Methodist Hall in Bramsche Square, Todmorden. These are held on the third Thursday of every month. There’s a guest speaker, refreshments, a second-hand book stall, an up-date on what the Special Interest Groups are doing and the chance to chat with Group Convenors, Committee Members and friends. Refreshments and book sales from 1.45pm and the meeting itself starts at 2.00pm, usually finishing between 3.30pm and 4.00pm . Here’s a map of the location: click the marker just to the right of the word ‘Rose’. (The other markers show other u3a meeting places)
View u3a Todmorden in a larger map